Caramel Apples transformed into CUPCAKES, people! It’s a dream come true! These are great for Fall or Halloween gatherings!
I was tickled pink to find a recipe that involves caramel, apples and cupcakes! I think that in Heaven there will be one room in my home that will contain only caramel apple cupcakes. They will line the walls, floors and ceiling, they will make up an elaborate chandelier and there will be a giant caramel cupcake couch in the center of the room. I plan to visit often.
I thought this recipe was scrumptious! Scrumptious enough that I took every single cupcake except for two (one for Elijah, one for me) to work because they were way too dangerous sitting on my counter. And obviously scrumptious enough to allow them to take over one of the rooms in my Heavenly House!
WHAT TYPES OF APPLES ARE GOOD FOR BAKING?
I recommend using a variety of apples and at the very least, use two kinds: one sweet and one tart. My favorite combo is Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples.
Sweet/Softer Apple Brands
Tart (or a little Sour) Apple Brands
APPLE RECIPES FOR FALL
Apples aren’t just for picking from a tree – there’s so many great ways to enjoy a sweet apple treat, don’t limit yourself to just one recipe!
Appledoodles – These cookies are a fun twist on the classic snickerdoodles! Great way to use up apples in the fall!
Easy Homemade Crockpot Applesauce – A kid-worthy snack that is fun to prepare because it’s so easy to make. Use an assortment of green and red apples and you’ll have a flavorful snack you can enjoy; better than the store stuff!
Apple Pie Jam – this fall make this Amazing Apple Pie Jam! This jam tastes just like Apple Pie because it’s similar to pie filling. So get ready to be addicted. Put it on your English muffins, pancakes or with peanut butter! This is a great, DELICIOUS way to use up extra apples in the fall! Also a great gift idea!
Apple Coffee Cake – This is the best Apple Coffee Cake recipe you’ll find. Enjoy as an indulgent breakfast treat or an any-time snack or dessert!
Salted Chocolate Caramel Apples – Sprinkling of sea salt and a bit of chocolate turns Caramel Apples into an extravagant dessert.. Salted Chocolate Caramel Apples!
Apple Carrot Cake Muffins – Apples and carrots create the most delicious little muffin you could ever imagine. These babies are moist and yummy and will not last long in your kitchen. Great as a snack, breakfast or dessert!
Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake – the only thing better than salted caramel apples is Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake! This is the perfect fall treat and a great way to use up any type of apples.
Apple French Toast Bake – Transform classic French Toast into an appley indulgence! Prepare this easy Apple French Toast Bake recipe the night before so there’s no morning prep! It’s also wonderful as a make and bake option. Pour some maple syrup over it!
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 lb. tart apples peeled and shredded (this equals approximately 2 1/2 apples)
- 1 1/2 cups caramels or caramel bits
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with baking liners. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture until just combined. Stir in apples.
- Spoon batter into baking liners until almost full. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 min, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool.
- In a small, microwavable bowl, combine caramels and cream. Microwave for one minute. Stir and repeat in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth. Spread caramel topping generously onto cooled cupcakes.