Not only is this a fun sandwich to make, but it is also fun to eat. With a little of this and a little of that, be prepared for an unexpected ZING!
This week’s grilled cheese sandwich was born out of my desire for spice. I am always looking for ways to turn up the heat in recipes. This was a very fun sandwich to create, and it was even more fun to eat! If you enjoy spice, you must try this one!
Spicy Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices white or wheat bread
- 2 tbsp. butter at room temperature
- 2 slices cheddar cheese cojack or pepperjack cheese
- 2 tbsp. salsa
- 2 slices turkey
- Pickled jalapeño and/or banana pepper slices patted dry with a paper towel
- Place the bread slices on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Layer the sandwich as follows: Slice of bread, butter side down, 1 slice cheese, salsa, turkey, peppers, 1 slice cheese and remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place sandwich onto the hot skillet. Cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom layer of cheese begins to melt around the edges. Cut in half and serve!