Cupcakes that taste as good as they look!
Nutella is one of the foods I ate in plentiful quantities while I was pregnant with my second son. One morning, early on in my four months of bedrest, I laid on the couch on my left side to help calm my contractions as I watched Mystic Pizza and dipped my finger into a Nutella jar. Have you watched Mystic Pizza within the last ten years? There is something so awesomely terrible about watching 80’s movies 25 years after they have been filmed. Regarding eating Nutella like an animal, there is nothing terrible about that.
I found this most delicious recipe while searching for a yummy treat to make for our Bloggy Day last month. And yes, it tastes as good as it looks.
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
Cream together for 2 minutes, until light:
10 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup white sugar
With mixer on low-medium speed, add 3 eggs to the mixture, one at a time, until fully combined. The batter may not appear totally smooth at this point.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
Stir until combined.
Fill each muffin liner 3/4 full with batter. Top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons of Nutella. Swirl the Nutella with a toothpick or sharp knife and fold the batter over the Nutella.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Or not. I most certainly did not.
- 10 tbsp. butter softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light, 2 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. The batter may not appear smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
- Using an ice cream scoop for uniformity, fill each muffin liner ¾ full with the batter. Top each cake with 1 ½ teaspoons of Nutella. Swirl Nutella with a toothpick or sharp knife, making sure to fold a bit of the batter up over the Nutella.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.