This salad is packed with three of my favorite power foods: raspberries, artichokes and avocados!
In typical Megan fashion, I have not even begun to plan Sammy’s birthday party for this coming weekend. I am an incredible procrastinater. However, I always get things accomplished, and I have learned to trust that about myself. The presents and the cake and the balloons will all get taken care of. What have I been doing in the meantime? Ohhhh eating salad, in between stepping on Legos and chasing Sam out the door and down the driveway.
I made this salad in a huge batch and ate it for every meal for four or five consecutive meals and never once wished I was eating something else. Of course, I am kind of a crazy salad girl.
Drain two 14-oz. cans of quartered artichoke hearts. Pat them dry with paper towels and chop them up!
Remove the meat from one Rotisserie chicken and shred.
Rinse 2 cups of fresh raspberries.
Peel 2 avocados. Remove the pits and chop them into little pieces.
In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients along with 12 cups of assorted greens, rinsed and broken into small pieces.
Toss all of those delicious ingredients together, and cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Now for the dressing!
In a small bowl, whisk together:
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat!
And now I must go plan a birthday party! Orrrr maybe I’ll do that tomorrow.
Chicken Raspberry Salad with Lemony Vinaigrette
- 12 cups assorted salad greens rinsed and broken into small pieces
- Meat from 1 Rotisserie chicken shredded
- 2 cups fresh raspberries rinsed
- 2 14 oz. cans quartered artichokes drained, chopped and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, chicken, raspberries, artichokes and avocados. Toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate both bowls until ready to serve. Just before serving, pour the dressing into the salad bowl and toss until coated.