This Jerk Chicken recipe is one of our favorite grilling recipes of all time. Cater the spice to your liking! We absolutely love this summertime dinner and we prepare it for guests often during grilling season. Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce is the key ingredient!
A sweepstakes follows this post, so read on for details about how to win a $100 Visa gift card!
One thing about us Minnesotans is that we genuinely appreciate nice weather. When it is a brisk 50 degrees outside and I drive by one of our many beautiful lakes, it is guaranteed that I will see people in shorts and short-sleeved shirts enjoying the lovely weather. I love that about us. We’re a tough bunch and thanks to our nasty winters we have perspective. We know how cold it can get so we appreciate weather that others may not. Every single evening of the year that is above 55 degrees, I tell Dan, “We HAVE to grill tonight!” We love grilling and we grill such a wide variety of foods. One of our absolute favorite grilling recipes is this Jerk Chicken, which we have tweaked over the years. It is savory, a bit spicy (cater spice to your liking!) and such a crowd-pleaser. We often prepare it when we have friends over and it always receives rave reviews. Did I mention how EASY it is to make? Simply throw a handful of ingredients in a resealable bag, add chicken and let it marinate for at least four hours.
The Best Jerk Chicken
We make this recipe all the time in the summer. It is so delicious!
Contributed by Megan Porta from pipandebby.com.
Published May 13, 2016
Total time: 25 min, plus 4 hours marinating
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 jalapeños, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 4-6 thawed chicken breast halves
1. In a large bowl, combine onions, jalapeños, garlic, thyme, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, Teriyaki sauce, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix well and add to a large resealable Ziploc bag.
2. Add the chicken breasts to the bag and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours (but preferably overnight).
3. Cook on a grill over medium heat until centers are no longer pink, approximately 5 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, return juices to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring for 10-15 minutes and serve over top of the cooked chicken.
Do you have a delicious recipe for the grill? Share it with me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/10/2016 – 9/04/2016