This Artichoke Chicken Rice Skillet is the PERFECT, easy weeknight dinner. With the saltiness of green olives and some swiss cheese mixed in, this skillet recipe has all the flavors! It has a great texture and this tasty meal will not disappoint!
If you are a frequent reader, you know that I LOVE easy recipes. On most nights, I throw together dinners that are so easy it almost feels like I’m cheating. This delicious Artichoke Chicken Rice Skillet was an off-the-cuff creation that was ridiculously easy, thanks to the Success® Rice that I threw into it.
Success Rice is a no-mess, no-measure, boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in only TEN MINUTES. The white and brown rice can sit for up to 30 minutes before being served, making it virtually foolproof. It is available in grocery retailers nationwide with an average price of $2.35 (for White and Brown) or $2.45 (for Jasmine and Basmati), making it accessible and affordable.
There are four varieties available, including Success Whole Grain Brown Rice, Success White Rice, as well as globally inspired aromatic varieties such as Success Jasmine Rice or Success Basmati Rice. Try your own twist on one of your favorite recipes by swapping an aromatic
variety into some of your go-to rice dishes.
I hope you are still reading! For a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card, leave a comment on this post answering one of the following questions: What is your favorite dish to add rice to? What is your favorite easy side dish? What is your favorite variety of rice and why?
Enjoy the recipe!
Artichoke Chicken Rice Skillet
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 14 oz. cans quartered artichoke hearts drained
- 2 cups shredded chicken (suggestion: pull meat from a Rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup green olives chopped
- 1 pouch cooked Success® Basmati Rice (approximately 2 cups cooked)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green onions, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until onions/garlic are soft and fragrant.
- Add the artichoke hearts and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring often. Add chicken, olives, rice and lemon juice. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until mixture is completely warmed through.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top and remove from heat. Serve warm!