I love this twist on Banana Bread! Cream cheese makes EVERYTHING better.
How is 2016 starting out for you? My first week of the year has miraculously transformed into one overflowing with productivity and good habits. The gym saw my face, I have accomplished a ton of work and my cold is waning. Plus, my oldest cutie begins adaptive snowboarding lessons tomorrow and I am super excited for him! I am a skier at heart, but I’m proud that his adventurous little self is excited to get on the slopes in some way.
This bread does not fit with my “good habits” diet, but if it were in my kitchen right now I wouldn’t be able to resist. Imagine banana bread transformed into an irresistible dessert.
If you have little ones, they will not be able to keep their chubby little fingers off this stuff.
Have a great weekend, friends! Thanks so much for peeking in!
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 bananas ripe, mashed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 9×5 pan with cooking spray; set aside. Combine the butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix well. Gradually add to the butter-sugar bowl until combined. Add mashed bananas and chocolate chips. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Spread softened cream cheese evenly over bottom half of the batter and top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle additional chocolate chips over the top, if desired. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour. Start checking for doneness at the 50-minute mark. When a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, the bread is done.