I’m not gonna lie. This week has been a tough one and it has left my head spinning. So tough that even food blogging is a challenge for me, which is saying a lot because cooking and blogging about food happens to be one of my favorite things in the world. So I was pleased to see an easy recipe on my challenge list for this week. Easy and delicious…even better! Once I made it, I kind of fell in love. I want to put this dressing on everything! And now I’m encouraged to make more of my own salad dressings. Who needs Paul Newman?!
In a food processor, add:
3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (3/4 cup)
2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Pulse until smooth and season with kosher salt and pepper.
Drizzle over a salad or grilled veggies. I can imagine this to be delicious drizzled over just about anything. It is one tasty, creamy little dressing.
Creamy Feta Vinaigrette
- 3 oz. feta cheese preferably French, crumbled (3/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus 1 tbsp.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, pulse the crumbled feta with the vinegar, water, oregano and oil until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.