This is the easiest Chicken Pot Pie you’ll ever make! Super delicious weeknight family dinner and packed with savory flavors. With refrigerated biscuits and frozen vegetables, you cut down the time preparing your meal but it’s still a wonderful home cooked meal ready in less than an hour!
You’re welcome for sparing you the details about my morning. Let’s just say that both of my boys are home from school due to illness. It’s been just a peach of day. Actually, I can’t complain a bit. My bestest girl is here from Iowa and I am loving spending time with her in my cozy home. We are both thankful to be able to work from the comfort of the couch and also to love what we do! Now SHOO, sickness.
The other night I was craving Chicken Pot Pie. Except, I didn’t want the frozen variety and I also didn’t have the time or energy to create a super complicated recipe. So this easy dinner was born. To make it even easier, I pulled meat straight from a Rotisserie chicken. This is one of my absolute favorite shortcuts for many different recipes, such as this Artichoke Chicken Rice Skillet, the amazing Chicken Veggie Ramen Bowl and this succulent Chicken Artichoke Pasta Skillet!
What To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie
This meal is the ultimate comfort food to serve for family dinner or for a large gathering! But what do you serve alongside this main dish? Read on for 19 ideas about what to serve with pot pie, including:
Please note that the refrigerated dough must stay in a SINGLE LAYER or you will have a difficult time getting it to cook all the way through, resulting in a doughy, goopy, inedible mess. And then you will be tempted to leave me a nasty comment and then all of us will be grumpy. If you have extra dough pieces, please do not be tempted to add a second layer.
I really hope you love this dinner as much as we did. Now go enjoy the rest of your week, friends!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 cups chicken shredded
- 10 oz mixed vegetables frozen
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 16.3 oz. refrigerated biscuits (8 big biscuits), quartered
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a round baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, mixed veggies, cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper and 1 cup of the cheese. Mix well and pour into prepared baking dish. Spread evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Top mixture with the remaining cheese and A SINGLE LAYER of dough pieces. (If the dough layer is too deep, it will not cook through properly.) Brush dough with melted butter and bake COVERED for 35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until dough is cooked through. Serve warm!