Frozen dessert healthified! I promise nobody will ever know you’ve replaced the ice cream with yogurt in this TO-DIE-FOR caramel dessert!
A crying boy sits to my right. A jabbering boy sits in front of me. A lawn mower is cruising around right outside my window. I just lost almost an entire post after a computer crash. I’m not letting the distractions stop me, though. I am determined to make a dent in my pile of work today. If I start typing in another language, please bear with me.
Last week the kind folks at Chobani sent me a box filled with their creamy and delicious Greek yogurt. Have you eaten Chobani yogurt before? Isn’t it good? I first discovered it when I was on bed rest with Sammy. I ate a ton of it during that stint, and I still enjoy adding a little honey and wheat germ and berries to it and mixing it all together. That is one of my favorite snacks!
Chobani provided me with these samples and in return asked that I come up with and post about a recipe that included their product. I knew immediately that I wanted to make some sort of fro-yo dessert in honor of summer. And why not add cookies and caramel to that, right?!
Place a family size bag of Double Stuf Oreo Cookies in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. You will need to do this in two batches. Add the cookie crumbs to a medium bowl.
Add 8 tablespoons of melted butter to the crumbs and mix until they are uniformly moistened. Press half of the crumbs into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Place the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, place a 15.25-oz. package of Golden Double Stuf Oreo Cookies into a large ziploc bag. Using the back of a large spoon, smash the cookies until they appear to be coarsely chopped. Add them to a medium bowl.
Add a 32-oz. container of vanilla flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt and mix it up.
Spread half of the mixture in the pan. Cover with caramel sauce. Drool.
I didn’t measure the caramel, but I suppose it was something like 3/4 cup.
Cover the sauce with the remaining yogurt-cookie mixture and press the remaining cookie crumbs onto the top. Cover with foil and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Cut into squares and serve! If you’re feeling crazy, drizzle caramel sauce over the top before serving.
Did you love this recipe?
If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!
Oreo Caramel Frozen Yogurt Cake
- 19.1 oz. Double Stuf Oreo cookies family size
- 8 tbsp. salted butter melted
- 32 oz. Vanilla Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 15.25 oz. Golden Double Stuf Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup caramel topping
- In two batches, place the regular oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add the crumbs to a medium bowl along with the melted butter. Mix with a spoon until crumbs are uniformly moist. Using your fingers, press half of the crumbs into the bottom of a 9×13. Place pan in freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Chobani yogurt and the golden oreo cookies. Mix well. Remove pan from freezer and top with half of the yogurt-cookie mixture. Drizzle the caramel sauce over top and cover that with the remaining yogurt-cookie mixture. Press the remaining half of cookie crumbs onto the top. Cover with foil and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares and serve!