Crock Pot Baked Beans are the way to go! Once you try these, you’ll never eat them straight from the can again. Great for summer BBQs and game-day parties!
Original post: September 2017 | Post updated: June 2020
Why This Recipe Works
Baked Beans. I have always enjoyed them, but I’ve never enjoyed them enough to make them from scratch. I eat baked beans at other people’s gatherings, but not my own. ‘Know what I mean?
This recipe is a total game changer. I will be making these often. Slow cooking your next batch of beans is definitely the way to go.
I wish I could adequately explain how delicious they are. This is the perfect side dish to bring to a game-day party or summer bbq.
How To Make Crockpot Baked Beans
Add the following ingredients to a slow cooker:
- Cooked and chopped bacon
- Kidney beans
- 2 cans of pork and beans
- Yellow onion
- Brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
Mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Stir a few times throughout the cooking process, if possible.
- Cook the bacon on the stove top or in the oven! My favorite way to cook a pound of bacon is by placing it in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.
- Replace bacon with cooked ground beef or sausage, if desired.
- Kidney beans can be replaced with pinto, cannillini, navy beans or great northern beans.
- Add up to 1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce to add an extra zing to the recipe.
- A few drops of liquid smoke add a nice smoky flavor to this dish.
- If you have leftover ham from a ham bone, chop some up and throw it in!
- For a sweet touch, add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
- And for fun, how about throwing in some sliced hot dogs!
How To Make Baked Beans in an Instant Pot
Yes, you definitely can! This recipe is made from scratch using dry beans with NO SOAKING required! The Instant Pot transforms baked beans into a flavorful side dish!
The beans cook perfectly every time. Perfect party food or side for any meal or gathering!
Are Baked Beans Good for You
Beans provide fiber and protein, but when they’re combined with bacon and sugar they are not considered a “healthy” dish. It leans to the side of indulgent comfort, which is why it is a great party food as opposed to being a weekly staple.
- Throwing together a delicious Easy Coleslaw should be simple. This classic coleslaw contains shredded cabbage, creamy vinaigrette dressing and it’s not loaded down with mayo!
- Cook the potatoes and eggs together in a single pot! Make Potato Salad in your pressure cooker! This is the perfect party food or summer side dish!
- Deviled Eggs are an American classic! Known best for their appearances at summer potlucks and Easter dinner, they are a delicious addition to any gathering. Deviled eggs are a simple, easy-to-make finger food that should not be underestimated!
- This is the best Chopped Salad you will ever eat! Make a batch to enjoy for lunch throughout the week or serve at your next gathering. Every time I serve this salad I get rave reviews!
- Make a favorite summer finger food in your Instant Pot: Perfectly cooked Corn on the Cob EVERY SINGLE TIME. Great for dinner any night of the week and potlucks, too!
Crock Pot Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker
- 1 lb bacon cooked and chopped
- 15 oz kidney beans
- 30 oz pork and beans 2 cans
- 1 yellow onion chopped, substitute white onion
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker. Mix well and cook on Low heat for 6-7 hours or High heat for 3-4 hours. Stir a few times throughout the cooking process, if possible.