Add an extra healthy twist to your hummus! Serve as an appetizer with veggies and crackers or spread on a lunch wrap.
I’m going to dive right into the main topic of this post: green deliciousness. You know I love sweet and savory, naughty and healthy. I’m an all-encompassing food girl. There are weeks when I prefer one taste over the other and this week I have been CRAVING greens. On our sad ride home from our kid-free overnight date Sunday morning, Dan and I agreed that something healthy, green and zingy needed to be created in our kitchen asap. I started with our favorite Hummus recipe as a base and added some spice and green goodness.
If you prefer a less spicy hummus, feel free to omit the garlic and Cayenne pepper. This stuff is ridiculous, you guys. It is insanely addicting.
We dipped veggies and crackers in it and I’m surprised there was any left. Thankfully…there WAS! So for the past two days I have added it to my salads. Today I will be slathering it all over the inside of my chicken wrap. That’s right. I’m in love.
If you, too, are having a green week, please try this. You will thank me! 🙂 Have a wonderful week, friends!
Spinach Avocado Hummus
- 15 oz. garbanzo beans (2 tablespoons of liquid reserved)
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic quartered
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 avocado pitted and peeled
- 2 tbsp. chives chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Cayenne pepper for sprinkling
- Place the garbanzo beans, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, spinach, avocado, chives, sea salt and cayenne pepper into a food processor or blender. Process/puree until creamy. Stream in olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the reserved garbanzo beans liquid.
- Pour into a serving dish and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle extra Cayenne pepper over the top and serve with pita chips or vegetables.