- 1 head cauliflower cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
Place cauliflower chunks in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles rice. Do not over-pulse or the mixture will become paste-like.
Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, peas and carrots and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until veggies are soft.
Push veggies toward the outside edges of the skillet and pour the beaten eggs into the center. Let cook for a couple minutes, breaking them apart with a spatula. Once they are mostly cooked through, stir the veggies into the egg mixture.
Add cauliflower rice to the pan, along with the soy sauce. Mix everything together and cook until cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately and top with an extra splash of soy sauce, if desired.
- If you do not own a food processor, don’t fret! Use a knife to chop the cauliflower as finely as possible instead. Or use a cheese grater! Whichever route you go, the cauliflower should resemble rice.
- It is super easy to make this recipe gluten-free! Simply eliminate the soy sauce or swap it out the with Coconut Aminos.
- Feel free to replace the peas and carrots in the recipe with other vegetables. Consider using mushrooms, zucchini, green onions, eggplant or bell peppers instead. Just be sure to chop them into pieces that are approximately pea-size and don’t exceed 2 cups total.
- Consider adding protein to this recipe! Shredded meat from a Rotisserie chicken, kielbasa and shrimp would all be delicious additions!
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 601mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4551IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2mg