- 12 cups assorted salad greens (spring mix, romaine and/or iceberg), rinsed and broken or chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped Candied Pecans
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 8 oz. container cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
MAKE THE SALAD
In a large bowl, combine the greens, pecans, cherries, tomatoes, avocados, red onion and feta cheese. Toss to combine.
MAKE THE DRESSING
In a small bowl, whisk together the raspberry jam, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate both bowls until ready to serve.
This salad makes a very large batch, so it is a great option for medium to large gatherings. You may want to cut ingredient amounts in half for a smaller family meal or for a few days’ worth of lunches.
If you plan to enjoy the salad over the course of a few days, keep the dressing and salad in separate bowls in the fridge and add as needed, just before serving/gobbling.
You might be tempted to skip out on the Candied Pecans, but don’t! Please! They are super easy to make and they transform this salad into something something magical.
Replace the dried cherries with dried cranberries, if you’d like! I’ve used both and both are great.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 194mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 953IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg