- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice (white or brown)
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- lettuce and sour cream for topping, if desired
In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink over medium heat. Remove cooked meat from skillet and drain most of the grease from the pan (do not clean). Add the green onions and jalapeños (if using) and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
Add the corn, diced tomatoes, rice and water to the skillet. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until rice is cooked through. Add the cooked sausage and beans to the skillet and stir until heated through.
Remove from heat and top with cheese and additional toppings (if desired). Serve warm!
Calories: 475.02kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.12g | Protein: 20.78g | Fat: 29.32g | Saturated Fat: 10.99g | Cholesterol: 65.94mg | Sodium: 1103.86mg | Fiber: 8.01g | Sugar: 5.38g