In a large saucepan, combine the green peppers, jalapeño peppers, sugar, vinegar and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the pectin and bring the mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and add the food coloring. Pour the jelly, while hot, into sterilized, hot half-pint mason jars.
Seal tightly with hot lids and set in a cool place. The lids will pop as they seal. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Serve with cream cheese and crackers.
What To Do With Spicy Pepper Jelly
- Soften a block of cream cheese and pour the jelly over the top. Serve with crackers for a super easy appetizer.
- Replace it with grape jelly in your next peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Spruce up your next piece of toast with it.
- This is such a great gift idea! Seal in jars and put a fun label on it for holiday gifts.
- Add a dish filled with this jam to a charcuterie board along with a variety of crackers, olives, cheese, salami and pickles.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!