- 2 9-inch ready-to-bake pie crusts
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 8 oz. cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll the pie crusts and press into two 9-inch pie plates. Poke plenty of holes into the surface of the dough with a fork. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine the leeks, tomatoes, parsley, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Add the cheese and mix well. Divide the mixture between the two pie plates.
In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Divide between the two pie plates and pour over the top of the veggie-cheese mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through. Let cool for 20 minutes.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 132mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 621IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 1mg