- 2 Russet potatoes washed and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl of cold water and let sit for 1 hour. Drain the water and pat the potatoes dry with a paper towel. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and toss to coat.
Add the fries to the air fryer basket of an air fryer in a single layer (cook in batches, if needed). Sprinkle salt over the top. Air fry at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Add fries to a serving platter and sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately!
- The secret for creating perfectly crispy fries lies in the soaking. Soaking the potatoes in water before cooking them pulls out excess starch, which produces nice crispy French fries. Do this for a minimum of 1 hour for optimal results!
- Depending on how thick you cut your fries, you may have to cook for additional time. For extra thick fries, air fry at 375 degrees for 30 minutes total, flipping after 15 minutes.
- Spruce up your fries by sprinkling garlic powder, paprika or extra salt and pepper over the tops before cooking!
- Substitute red or yukon potatoes for the russet, if desired.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg