Separate the biscuits and place them on a cutting board. Use a small round cookie cutter or shot glass to remove centers. Lightly spray an air fryer basket with coconut oil spray and place a single layer of donuts in basket.
Air fry at 350 degrees for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and flaky. Do this in batches. Do not discard the donut holes. Fry them separately, but for just 2 minutes per side.
Mix sugar and cinnamon together and place in a shallow dish. When the donuts and donut holes are done cooking, brush all sides with melted butter and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture until coated. Enjoy immediately!
- An alternative to coating the donuts in a cinnamon sugar mixture is to dunk them in a simple glaze. Combine 1 cup powdered sugar with 2-3 tablespoons milk and mix until smooth.
- To make a flavored glaze, consider replacing the milk with chocolate syrup for a chocolate glaze or maraschino cherry juice for a cherry icing!
- Lightly coat the air fryer basket with coconut oil spray before cooking.
- Have leftover donuts? Store in plastic wrap or an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- If you don't have a small enough glass to punch out the middle of the donut, use an apple corer or the top of an empty bottle (or a bottle cap!).
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 572mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 101IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!