- 12 oz salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 lemon slices plus extra for squeezing
Lightly spray the basket of an air fryer and place salmon fillets inside. Place 2 tablespoons of butter on the top of each fillet. Squeeze juice from a slice of lemon over salmon and place one on top of each fillet.
Air fry at 400 degrees F for 13 minutes. Remove from air fryer and enjoy immediately!
- An alternative to using butter in the recipe is to drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the top of each salmon filet and rub it over the surface.
- Make sure your fillets have the same thickness so they cook the same.
- The cooking time for this recipe assumes the fillets are 1 1/2 inches at their thickest spot. For 1-inch fillets, air fry at 400 degrees for 9 minutes. For 2-inch fillets, increase time to 15 minutes.
- It's better to undercook than overcook, especially with a delicate food like salmon. If you find that your fish is not fully cooked in the center, pop it back into the air fryer for a couple minutes.
- I love cooking this protein with super simple seasonings like salt and pepper. Feel free to add other seasonings before cooking such as paprika, garlic or onion powder or ginger.
- For an added touch of spunk, consider rubbing a small amount of soy sauce or brown sugar over the tops of the fillets before adding the pats of butter.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 833mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 768IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg