Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Roll out one tube of crescent rolls and place on the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
Add 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef to a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until the meat is no longer pink. Drain and use a spatula to move the meat to outer edges of the skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the center of the skillet and allow it to melt. Add the onions, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add half of a head of cabbage (shredded) and cook for 5 minutes, or until it has cooked down and wilted. Season again with salt and pepper. Pour meat-cabbage mixture over top of bottom crescent layer. Top with an even layer of shredded cheddar cheese. Top with the remaining crescent roll dough. Bake 20-25 minutes or until crescent rolls are golden brown.
- For an added burst of creaminess and flavor, consider adding a can of cream of mushroom soup to the hamburger cabbage mixture before adding it to the baking dish.
- Use any variety of cabbage for this recipe!
- Hamburger can be replaced with any ground meat.
- For added flavor, add 1 teaspoon seasoned salt to the hamburger before adding onions and cabbage.
- If your can of crescent rolls come in 8oz, then you will 2 cans!
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 834mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 237IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 2mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!