Place ham, cut side down, in crock pot. Remove any plastic or paper protectors first if using bone-in ham. Pour the pineapple juice over top of the ham.
In a small bowl, combine honey, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and pour over the ham, spreading so all outer surfaces are covered in the sauce. If possible, expose the cut portions of the ham and allow sauce to seep in.
Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours. Carefully transfer ham to a serving platter and spoon the sauce and juices from the slow cooker over the top, ensuring that it gets into the inner portion of the slices of ham. Using a sharp knife, cut the meat off the bone and enjoy!
- Boneless ham can be used in place of a bone-in ham.
- If a seasoning packet comes with the ham, you can do one of two things: 1. Toss it and follow the recipe as directed or 2. Mix the contents of the packet with 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice and use that as your glaze. You will still want to cover the ham with 2 cups of pineapple juice as directed in the recipe.
- Most hams purchased at the grocery store are fully cooked hams. For this reason, the cook time is shorter than when cooking raw meat. Any time between 4 and 6 hours is sufficient for most hams you'll find, so cater the time to your day.
- If the ham in the crock pot keeps your cover from fitting, use a piece of foil to cover the openings in order to keep heat from escaping.
- If you cannot find a spiral cut ham, cook as directed and cut slices into the meat before pouring the glaze from the slow cooker over the top.
Calories: 836kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 65g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 187mg | Sodium: 3621mg | Potassium: 958mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 3mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!