Place frozen waffle fries in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer or the inner pot of a pressure air fryer. Cook fries at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes.
When cooking time is up, use tongs or a spatula to remove from the air fryer. Place on a few paper towels to remove any excess oil.
Repeat with remaining fries, as needed. Transfer to a serving plate and serve alongside ketchup, bbq sauce or your favorite fry sauce.
- For crispier fries, cook the full 8 minutes per side. For a slightly less crispy option, decrease cook time by 1-3 minutes per side.
- For best results, add a little vegetable oil or cooking spray before cooking. Use an oil sprayer to spray top of fries and also the basket/inner pot.
- Adjust the amount of fries to your liking! This recipe calls for a full bag, but for 3 servings or less (compared to 6) use a half bag instead.
- It is a good idea to have them lined up in a single layer so there is as little overlap as possible (a little bit of overlapping will occur).
- This is the perfect side dish to go alongside burgers, hot dogs or grilled chicken breasts. Or serve as a game day finger food alongside your favorite sauce.
- To add some spice, toss in olive oil and cayenne pepper before cooking so that the surface of the potato pieces are coated.
- For extra flavor, add garlic powder or onion powder, salt and pepper before cooking.
- Sweet potato waffle fries work great, too! Use the same cooking method and cook times.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 509mg | Potassium: 447mg | Fiber: 5g | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!