Add a single layer of hash browns to an air fryer basket or the inner pot of a pressure air fryer.
Cook at 375 degrees F for 6 minutes. Toss and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
At the end of the cook time, use tongs or a spatula to remove from the air fryer. Repeat process with remaining hash browns.
If using oil, lay down a few layers of paper towels and toss the potatoes over the top in order to remove any extra oil. Transfer prepared hash browns to a serving plate and serve alongside your favorite meal.
- For crispy air fryer hash browns, add a couple of minutes to the overall cook time. For less crispy potatoes, decrease cook time by 1-3 minutes.
- For best results, add a little oil (olive or vegetable oil) or cooking spray before cooking. Use an olive oil spray bottle to add flavor while using less oil.
- Layer no more than 1 inch deep, trying to keep in as even of a layer as possible.
- For extra flavor, add garlic powder or onion powder, salt and black pepper before cooking.
- This recipe works perfectly with shredded frozen sweet potatoes, too!
- Individual patties (vs shredded) will work, as well. Place frozen patties in a single layer and follow same cooking time suggestions.
- To make this recipe from scratch, shred russet potatoes and add to a large bowl with oil and seasonings of your choice. Give it a good stir and place shredded potatoes in a single layer and cook at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes, toss and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 404mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!