Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Run the potatoes under cold water, scrubbing with fingers or a small brush, until clean. Poke holes all around the potatoes using a fork.
Rub approximately 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the entire surface of each potato and place in the center of a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife or fork can be easily inserted into the centers.
While the potatoes are baking, prepare the stuffing (follow this recipe for a Mexican chicken theme or see notes below for other options).
Combine cooked chicken with taco seasoning. Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut down the center lengthwise. Spoon the chicken mixture into the center of the potatoes, followed by the cheese and beans. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Top with remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Other Stuffing Options
- Basic - Go basic by loading up with standard ingredients such as a huge helping of cheese, along with sour cream and chives.
- Barbecue chicken - Make it a super simple bbq chicken mixture topped with pickles or tomatoes.
- Buffalo chicken - Add buffalo sauce to cooked chicken and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Chili - If you have leftover chili on your hands, add a few large spoonfuls as a stuffing. Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- BBQ pork - Shredded bbq pork topped with extra bbq sauce and mozzarella cheese is a delicious stuffing.
- Veggie - Load up on the veggies! Roasted broccoli, carrots, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower are great options. After baking, top with fresh vegetables such as chopped or sliced onions, chopped tomatoes and avocados.
- Sloppy Joe - Sloppy Joe filling is a great topping option, along with chopped pickles or green bell pepper.
- Breakfast - Enjoy breakfast for dinner by adding eggs, bacon, ham or sausage to your next stuffed potato! Top with fresh herbs from the garden.
Calories: 659kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 665mg | Potassium: 1568mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 32732IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 273mg | Iron: 5mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!