- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs shrimp peeled, deveined
- 15 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 12 oz angel hair pasta
- extra parsley, red pepper flakes and lemon wedges for topping
Set Instant Pot to saute. Add the oil and butter and let heat 2 minutes. Add the garlic and parsley and cook for 3 minutes, stirring. Add white wine, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Let heat for 3 minutes and add shrimp to the pot. Cook until the shrimp is bright pink in color, approximately 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the pot (leave juices).
Add the chicken broth/stock and lemon juice and deglaze pot (scrape pieces from the bottom with a spoon). Break the pasta in half and place in the pot, separating them as much as possible with fork tongs and making sure they are completely covered with liquid. Do not stir mixture after this point!
Place the cover on the pot and set timer to 5 minutes on high pressure (pressure cook setting). It will take the IP around 6 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
When cooking is done, do an immediate quick release. Remove cover and add shrimp back to the pot. Mix well and let sit in the pot 5 minutes before serving. Top with parsley and red pepper flakes and serve with lemon wedges.
- Starting with frozen shrimp works just great for this recipe! Thaw the shrimp first by placing the unopened bag into a sink or bowl filled with hot water. This takes 20-30 minutes.
- Replace the angel hair pasta with spaghetti or another type of pasta, if desired. Or replace cooked pasta altogether with a cup of uncooked rice. Pasta or rice will work great!
- A dry white wine that isn't TOO dry tastes best in shrimp scampi. Great options include pinot grigio, marsala, sauvignon blanc and chardonnay.
- The red pepper flakes in the recipe creates just a perfect bit of spice. For a spicier meal, add extra! Yum! For a mild meal, omit the red pepper flakes altogether.
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 396mg | Sodium: 1687mg | Potassium: 351mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 247mg | Iron: 4mg