Place the chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Add the cream, light corn syrup and butter to a small saucepan and let cook over medium heat, stirring often. Remove from the heat when the butter melts and the cream becomes frothy and begins to bubble, 5-7 minutes. Immediately pour the hot cream mixture over top of the chopped chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes.
Whisk the chocolate and cream until the mixture is creamy, free of lumps and deep brown in color. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, whisk until creamy and spread onto cooled baked goods.
- This frosting works great in a piping bag and it's also fun to spread using an offset spatula. The creaminess is almost indescribable. Are you understanding how in love I am?
- Try this recipe with white chocolate for entirely different, yet still creamy and delicious flavor.
- Let the ganache sit in the fridge for up to an hour for an even thicker frosting.
- If you are looking for a thinner frosting with more of a glaze consistency, consider making plain chocolate ganache instead.
- To achieve a buttercream consistency, wait until the frosting has completely cooled to room temperature and whip the ganache with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 29mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!