Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with the bottom halves of the rolls. Top with the ham and the provolone cheese slices. Spread the cream cheese onto the bottoms of the sweet roll tops and place them in a layer on top of the cheese.
In a medium bowl, combine the butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onions and Parmesan cheese. Mix well and pour evenly over tops of the sandwiches. Sprinkle the poppy seeds over the top.
Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until warmed through. Cut at the seams with a knife and serve warm!
- Replace the layers of ham with thin sliced turkey or roast beef instead for a different flavor.
- Replace yellow mustard with honey mustard or dijon mustard for an extra touch of flavor.
- Although I loooooove using provolone in this recipe because it's so perfectly ooey-gooey, feel free to swap it out for cheddar, mozzarella or even swiss cheese.
- Feel free to swap out the butter in the topping with olive oil.
- Using Hawaiian rolls for these sandwiches produces such a delicious end product, but regular dinner rolls will work fine, too.
- These are super easy to make ahead of time. Assemble the sandwiches as directed. Mix up the topping but store it separately in the fridge. Brush it over the tops of the sandwiches just before baking.
- This is a good recipe to freeze. Place them in a resealable bag and wrap in foil. Freeze for up to 4 months!
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 746mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 585IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!