- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 24 oz flaky buttermilk biscuits refrigerated
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 3/4 cup butter melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the sugars and cinnamon; set aside.
Slice 10 discs of dough from each tube of biscuits. Set discs on a flat surface and set one cube of cream cheese in the center of each piece of dough. Wrap edges of dough up and around the cheese so all that is visible is the top side of cream cheese cube. Place 10 dough-wrapped cheese cubes, cheese-side-up, in bottom of prepared pan.
Top with half of the sugar mixture and half of the butter. Top with the remaining dough-wrapped cheese cubes, cheese-side-down, the remaining sugar and remaining butter.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter and serve.
- Buy full-fat cream cheese and don't skimp! Super cheap blocks of cream cheese do not melt as well as ones that cost just a little bit more.
- It is definitely ok to use a different variety of biscuit dough. I love the flavor and flakiness of the flaky buttermilk biscuits, but the monkey bread will still taste great if a different variety is used.
- Light brown sugar can replace dark brown sugar without much flavor altering. The dark brown variety adds a nice rich depth to the sugars.
- To tell if the monkey bread is done, the top pieces should be uniformly golden brown. Gently remove a piece from the center. If the dough is fully cooked, the recipe is done baking!
Calories: 557kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 840mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 730IU | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 3mg