Place the Ritz cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl or dish, and put the beaten egg in a separate small bowl.
In a large skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. While the oil is heating, coat each piece of fish with the beaten egg. Roll the egg-coated fish chunks in the cracker crumbs, completely coating them.
In batches, place the coated pieces of walleye into the hot oil. Let cook for 15 seconds, or until the bottom side of the fish is crispy but not black. Using a metal slotted spoon, flip the fish chunks over and cook for an additional 15 seconds, or until crispy.
Remove fish from the oil and place on paper towels. Repeat with remaining fish. Squirt fresh lemon juice over the fish and serve warm.
QUICK HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE
- You will want the oil to be very hot. Hot and quick is the key to getting a good result with this fish.
- Bread crumbs work as well as crushed crackers.
- If you don't keep tartar sauce on hand, then go homemade! It's super easy.
- 1/2 cup mayo or miracle whip
- 1/8 cup dill pickle relish or chopped dill pickles
- If you want to get fancy, sprinkle in 1/2 tsp dill weed – it really makes a perfect finishing touch!
Calories: 502kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 206mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 720mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!