- Pesto is easy to find at most grocery stores, but feel free to make your own pesto if you’re feeling adventurous. It is easy to make and soo delicious!
- If you are unable to find fresh mozzarella balls (look in the specialty cheese section of your local grocery store), purchase a chunk of fresh mozzarella instead and cut it into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Turn this into a gluten free salad by using gluten free pasta!
- Keep this salad covered and in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. It will stay fresh in the fridge for 2-3 days, so it is a great make-ahead dish.
- Replace fresh basil with 1 tablespoon of dried basil in a pinch!
- Sprinkle a thin layer of salt and black pepper over the top of the salad just before serving.
- This makes a large bowl full of pasta salad, so feel free to cut the recipe in half for a smaller batch.
- Add shredded or chopped grilled chicken for extra protein.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 472IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!