- 1 large sweet potato (or yam) peeled, sliced crosswise into 1/2 in circles
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 lb ground beef substitute ground turkey for a healthier option
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp hot sauce 1-2 tbsp, optional; use Frank's to comply with Whole30 diet
- 1 cup Whole30 compliant guacamole OR
- 1/2 avocado slices
- hot sauce for topping
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the sweet potato slices on a baking sheet and brush each slice with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper (both sides). Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, flipping slices halfway.
Meanwhile, combine the ground meat, onion and hot sauce (if using) in a large bowl. Mix until combined. Divide in four equal parts and form patties.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cover, cooking for 3-5 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked to desired doneness.
Place sweet potato buns on serving plate and top with burgers and guacamole (or avocado slices). Top with hot sauce and another sweet potato slice (if desired). Serve immediately!
Calories: 603kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 1047mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 12187IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3mg