- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 oz chocolate chips
Coat a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and set aside. Pour the Rice Krispies into a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove pan from heat and add peanut butter. Stir until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Pour mixture into the bowl with the Rice Krispies and stir until cereal is well-coated. Pour into the prepared pan and press down evenly using a rubber spatula.
Pour the chocolate chips into a small bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth and creamy. Pour over Rice Krispies and spread evenly using a spatula. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve!
- Consider using a different variety of chocolate to change up the flavor.
- It’s simple to melt chocolate chips for the topping here. But some people love to blend butterscotch and chocolate chips for a sweet blend. You might fall in love with this option known as Scotcheroos!
- It’s also fun to toss mini chocolate m&m’s on top of the melted chips if you want to add some color and design.
- Chopping up toffee bits and sprinkling them over the warm peanut butter rice krispies after you put them in the pan is a delicious idea too!
Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 60g | Vitamin A: 995IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 5mg