In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and push the meat to the outer edges of the skillet. Add sesame oil to the center, along with the garlic.
Cook for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Stir meat and garlic together and add all other ingredients to the pan (minus green onions).
Cook mixture for 5 minutes, or until coleslaw and carrots are soft. Serve immediately and top with green onions.
- For an even healthier dish, replace the ground pork with ground chicken, ground turkey or ground beef.
- Serve with additional soy sauce for an extra savory meal.
- This dish makes delicious leftovers and reheats well.
- Replace soy sauce with coconut aminos in order to comply with the Whole30 food program and also for a gluten free dish.
- Shrimp also goes great in this recipe! Saute the shrimp in olive oil first (cook until shrimp are pink-this takes only a few minutes), remove from the pan and add them back in at the very end.
- If you can’t find pre-packaged coleslaw mix at the store, make your own. Thinly slice or grate green and/or red cabbage as a replacement. You’ll need a total of 3 cups of shredded cabbage to add to the recipe.
- This is a great meal prep recipe! Prep on Sunday and enjoy throughout the week as a salad, side or snack. Make a double batch!
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1205mg | Potassium: 406mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3528IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!