In a slow cooker, mix together the salsa, lime juice, cilantro, taco seasoning and jalapenos (if using). Add the chicken and coat with the salsa mixture.
Cook on Low heat for 6 hours, or High heat for 3 hours. Serve chicken with rice and with salsa mixture spooned over top, or shred and use as a taco filling!
Click here for an Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe + VIDEO
Recipe adapted from this one over at All Recipes: https://allrecipes.com/recipe/218863/slow-cooker-cilantro-lime-chicken/
- Grate lime zest over the top of the meal just before serving it. I love the flavor this tiny little step adds!
- The sauce in this recipe can also be used as a chicken marinade if you would rather grill chicken on a hot summer day. Marinate chicken for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. Cook for 6 minutes on each side, or until breasts are cooked in the centers.
- If you want to know exactly what is inside your taco seasoning, make your own!
- For a creamier sauce, add 1/4 cup sour cream to the sauce mixture before cooking.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker in pieces rather than adding whole breasts so the meat will be ready to eat when time is up!
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 739mg | Potassium: 859mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 717IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!