Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until tender and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain grease from pan and add salt and pepper to onions and beef.
Add green beans, corn, soup, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes and pour in an even layer into prepared baking dish.
Top with the tater tots (in a single layer), followed by the cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until tater tots are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- To add a bit of spice to the dish, add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to the beef onion mixture.
- Two cups of frozen mixed vegetables can replace the green beans and corn.
- Cream of chicken or cream of celery soup can replace cream of mushroom, if desired!
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder would be a great addition to the beef mixture.
- Ground turkey or sausage would be excellent replacement options for ground beef or skip the meat altogether to make it a meatless dish!
- Frozen tater tots do not need to be thawed before adding them to the baking pan. Throw them in straight from the freezer!
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 834mg | Potassium: 460mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 251IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!