Add orange juice, orange zest, sugar, cranberries, cinnamon and nutmeg into an Instant Pot. Stir and place the cover on the pot and set timer to 2 minutes on high pressure (pressure cook setting). It will take the IP around 10 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
When cooking time is done, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Release the remaining pressure, remove the cover and give mixture a stir. Allow it to cool completely.
Transfer the mixture to a serving dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Replace fresh cranberries with frozen cranberries, if desired.
- This side dish is 100% gluten free, wooo!
- For extra flavor, consider adding 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or brown sugar or a couple vanilla beans to the mixture before boiling.
When storing homemade cranberries, press plastic wrap directly onto its surface before refrigerating. This will prevent a film from forming on the surface and it will keep the sauce fresh.
- Add 2 cinnamon sticks to the pot before cooking for an extra punch of cinnamon flavor!
- The mixture will thicken as it cools, so do not be alarmed if it is on the runny side just after cooking.
Calories: 127.17kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.54g | Protein: 0.36g | Fat: 0.15g | Sodium: 1.36mg | Fiber: 1.73g | Sugar: 28.52g
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!