- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 cup water
- juice from 1 lemon
Set Instant Pot to saute. Add the butter and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until soft and fragrant. Add the salt, pepper and asparagus and give the mixture a stir. Pour the water over the top.
Place the cover on the pot and set timer to 0 minutes on low pressure (pressure cook setting). It will take the IP around 5 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
When cooking is done, do a quick release and allow the float valve to drop.
Transfer the asparagus to a serving dish, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top and serve immediately!
- Avoid using high pressure for this recipe or for any veggie that isn’t super sturdy. Using low pressure will prevent super-sogginess.
- Feel free to use a steamer rack or steamer basket to put the asparagus in for cooking. When cook time is done, be sure to pour the garlic sauce over the top.
- Add seasonings of choice to the garlic mixture when sauteing.
- Butter and olive oil can be used interchangeably in this recipe.
- Replace the water with chicken broth for an even more flavorful side dish.
Calories: 94.92kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.07g | Protein: 0.68g | Fat: 5.85g | Saturated Fat: 3.66g | Cholesterol: 15.26mg | Sodium: 350.01mg | Fiber: 0.85g | Sugar: 7.79g