- 1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage
- 3 tbsp salted butter or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head cauliflower finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 stalks celery sliced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth optional
Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Transfer meat to a bowl and cover. Do not clean out skillet. Melt butter in skillet, then add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add cauliflower, onion, celery, parsley, sage, thyme, salt and pepper to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until veggies are soft.
Transfer mixture to a serving dish and pour the chicken broth over the top (if using). Serve immediately!
- If you want to adhere to the diet plans such as whole30, keto, vegan and paleo, replace the butter with olive oil and omit the chicken broth. For the vegan diet, omit the sausage. This is an easily adaptable recipe!
- For an even healthier dish, replace the sausage with ground turkey or chicken and replace the butter with oil of your choice.
- For added texture, consider sprinkling dried cranberries or chopped pecans over the top just before serving.
- You have a couple options when you are prepping the cauliflower. Do a fine chop for a bit of a chunkier texture. Or place the cauliflower in a food processor for a finer texture. It's a personal preference!
- Grated carrots would be a great addition to this dish.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 637mg | Potassium: 454mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 423IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg