- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups almond milk
Generously spray the inside of the Instant Pot with cooking spray or butter. Add all of the ingredients to the pot and stir.
Place the cover on the pot and set timer to 10 minutes on high pressure (pressure cook setting). It will take the IP around 15 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
When cooking is done, do a quick release and allow the float valve to drop.
Serve with cinnamon, dried cranberries, walnuts or whipped cream.
- Make your own pumpkin puree for an even fresher, more delicious pumpkin flavor.
- Dark brown sugar tastes amazing in place of light brown sugar.
- Replace steel cut oatmeal with rolled oats, but the end result will have a less firm texture. If you go this route, use old fashioned oats as opposed to quick oats. Also, increase the amount of almond milk to 2 1/2 cups and decrease the cooking time to 5 minutes.
- This recipe is 100% gluten free and dairy free!
- To make this pressure cooker pumpkin oatmeal healthier, omit the butter from the recipe and cut the sugar in half (or omit altogether).
Calories: 366.89kcal | Carbohydrates: 58.79g | Protein: 6.26g | Fat: 12.64g | Saturated Fat: 6.09g | Cholesterol: 22.89mg | Sodium: 83.13mg | Fiber: 5.31g | Sugar: 28.48g