Set Instant Pot to saute. Add the butter and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until soft and fragrant. Add the salt, pepper and green beans and give the mixture a stir. Pour the water over the top.
Place the cover on the pot and set timer to 0 minutes on low pressure (pressure cook setting). It will take the IP around 10 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
When cooking is done, do a quick release and allow the float valve to drop. Transfer the green beans to a serving dish and serve immediately!
- If frozen green beans are all you have on hand, increase cook time to 2 minutes on low pressure.
- To make more than 6 servings, double the recipe! It works great as a large batch, too.
- Replace the butter with the same amount of olive oil, if desired.
- Replace the water with chicken broth for an even more flavorful side dish.
- Use a trivet or steamer basket to make pulling the beans out of the pot easier.
- Delicious topping options include: Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, melted butter or olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, fine sea salt and/or cracked black pepper.
- Is zero minutes right?! Yes! The content of the pot will cook as the pressure builds.
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 900IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!