Spray the inside of instant pot with cooking spray. Layer as follows: mushrooms, celery, rice, chicken, broth and soup. Do not stir. Sprinkle soup mix over the top.
Place the cover on the pot and set timer to 10 minutes on high pressure (pressure cook setting). It will take the IP around 20 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
When cooking is done, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes then do a quick release. Remove cover and carefully transfer the chicken to a work surface. Use two forks to shred and add the meat back to the pot. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve!
- If you can't find long grain and wild rice, use brown or white rice. It's really a no-fail recipe!
- Sprinkle a generous coating of salt and pepper over the chicken before placing it into the IP for an added touch of flavor.
- If you replace the chicken breasts with bone-in chicken thighs, increase the cook time by 2 minutes.
- To add flavor and creaminess to the recipe, sprinkle 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese over the top before cooking.
- Be sure to add the chicken in a single layer to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Dress this dish up with chopped parsley, sliced green onions or red pepper flakes!
Calories: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 1456mg | Potassium: 1618mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!