Place grated zucchini in a bowl and toss with the salt. Let sit 5 minutes. Add eggs, flour and cheeses and mix well.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the zucchini mixture and add to the pan, pressing down with a spatula. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Serve immediately. A drizzle of sriracha is optional but delicious!
- Because bacon makes everything yummy, fry 3 slices of bacon, chop it finely and add it to the zucchini batter prior to frying.
- A teaspoon of dill weed with the batter adds a delicious flavor that complements the cheese.
- Aioli sauce is a delicious dipping sauce for these zucchini fritters.
- Salting the zucchini helps to pull moisture out of it, so don't skip this step in the beginning. Let the zucchini sit with the salt will prevent the fritters from being too watery or mushy.
- Make these gluten-free by replacing the flour with almond flour!
- Toss Feta cheese crumbles over the top, just before serving, for an extra punch of deliciousness.
- Replace half of the grated zucchini with grated carrots, sweet potatoes or corn kernels to change up the flavors!
Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!