- 16 oz Farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes for topping
Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water. Add to a large mixing bowl along with cucumber, tomatoes, olives, cheese and onion.
In a small bowl combine the vinegar, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
Pour over the contents in the bowl and toss to combine. Mix well, cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Other complementary optional add-ins to this salad would be: sun-dried tomatoes, marinated artichokes, avocado pieces or chopped green olives would be a great addition, too.
- A note about the dressing ingredients: The balsamic vinegar is tasty mixed with the red wine vinegar but if you prefer to lighten the tint of the dressing, you can sub in white vinegar.
- I prefer using English cucumbers in salads because they contain fewer seeds, tend to be more firm and crunchy and keep their shape better. They also tend to be less bitter than their counterpart. Whatever variety have on hand will work!
- Consider adding red pepper flakes for an extra bit of spice!
- Serve this salad at room temperature or chilled, just out of the fridge. Both options are delicious!
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 707mg | Potassium: 361mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 691IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 1mg