Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), combine the butter, vegetable oil, granulated and brown sugars, eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed until creamy and free of lumps.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, corn starch and salt. Mix well. Gradually add to the butter mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Using a medium cookie scoop, place 1.5-tablespoon-size chunks of batter 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 9-11 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Replace the chips with M&M’s (or add them in addition to chips!) for fun!
- This dough freezes really well (use within 6 months) and the baked cookies freeze great, too (enjoy within 3-4 months).
- Store the cookies at room temperature in a sealed container.
- These make the absolute perfect after-school snack when served warm with a glass of cold milk!
- Replace the chocolate chips with white chocolate chips for a different flavor.
- I love using sea salt in place of regular table salt in these cookies.
Calories: 147.82kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.84g | Protein: 1.36g | Fat: 8.09g | Saturated Fat: 3.58g | Cholesterol: 16.4mg | Sodium: 110.06mg | Fiber: 0.65g | Sugar: 12.65g
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!