MAKE THE CAKE
Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously spray a 12-cup bundt can with cooking spray. Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), combine the butter, oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed until creamy and free of lumps.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well. Gradually add to the butter mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined. Fold in the apples.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Use a butter knife to loosen cake from edges of pan and carefully invert the cake onto a serving plate. Allow to cool completely.
MAKE THE ICING
In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and milk. Heat over medium, stirring, until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and confectioner’s sugar. Whisk until creamy and free of lumps. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Keep apples from browning - When chopping and peeling the apples, fill a large bowl about half with cool water and squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon into it. The lemon juice will keep your apples from getting brown while you get them prepped for the recipe.
- Serve with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or both!
- This cake can be baked in a springform pan or square pan, as well. Cook times may vary.
- Spread a can of apple pie filling over the top of the cake batter just before baking for an added touch of delicious.
- For an extra burst of flavor, add 1-2 teaspoons of apple pie spice if you have it on hand.
- Store leftovers wrapped in aluminum foil or plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. At room temperature it will remain fresh for 3 days.
Calories: 516kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 423mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 56g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 2mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!