MAKE THE CRUMBLE
In a small bowl, combine the crumble ingredients (butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon). Mix well and set aside.
MAKE THE MUFFINS
In a small bowl, combine the blueberries and 1 tablespoon flour. Mix well and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners (or spray generously with cooking spray). Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), combine the butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Gradually add to the butter mixture and beat on medium-low speed until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries and peaches.
Fill the prepared muffins cups completely full of batter. The batter will be thick. Sprinkle the crumbles evenly over the tops. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean. Repeat with remaining batter and crumbles. Serve warm!
- If your peaches are super ripe and juicy, pat them dry with a paper towel before adding them to the batter in order to avoid an overly-moist final product.
- Fill up those cups! The batter should fill the muffin cups at least to the brim, if not a little more.
- Don't skimp on the crumbles! It may seem like overkill to add all of the crumbles to the batter, but you will be happy you did. Use 'em up!
- You can skip flouring the blueberries if you're short on time.
- For the yummiest Blueberry Peach Muffin experience, serve warm straight from the oven with a pat of butter!
- If you're feeling indulgent, serve them with glaze drizzled over the tops! Whisk together 1 cup confectioner's sugar with 2-3 tablespoons milk.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 473IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!