In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
In a large bowl, combine milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract. Using a mixer or spoon, mix until creamy. Gradually add the flour mixture, stirring until batter is free of lumps.
Place a skillet over medium heat and spray generously with cooking spray.Add the batter to the hot skillet in 1/4-cup increments. Add a few blueberries and sprinkles to each pancake before flipping (other berries, too, if using!), about 3 minutes on each side.
Repeat until the batter is gone, spraying the skillet with cooking spray before each new batch. Spread butter over warm pancakes and pour syrup and extra berries over the tops.
- Use any combination of berries to put in these pancakes, but put only a small handful in each pancake.
- Frozen blueberries can be used instead of fresh blueberries.
- When serving these all at once, keep them on a plate and cover with foil or a few paper towels to keep them warm.
- Types of milk to use in this recipe: coconut milk, almond milk, skim, 1%, 2% or whole milk.
- To increase the fluffiness, consider separating the egg yolk from the egg white. Whipping egg whites before adding them to the remaining wet ingredients will result in an extra fluffy pancake.
- Use a large skillet or an electric griddle for this recipe.
- The vanilla extract does a great job of adding flavor, but try adding a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice for an added burst!
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 173IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1mg
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!