Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with cupcake wrappers; set aside. Combine the butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix well.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, apple pie spice and salt and mix well. Gradually add to the butter-sugar bowl until combined. Fold in the shredded apples and carrots. Pour into prepared muffin tins, filling each 3/4 of the way full.
In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Mix with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over the tops of the muffins and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve warm with butter!
- If you love nuts, it would be really delicious to add chopped pecans or chopped walnuts into your batter or sprinkle them into the crumble topping. Feel free to toast them in the oven for 8 minutes at 325 prior to baking with them.
- Adding a half cup of golden raisins into the batter would add an amazing complex flavor.
- I find that a little unsweetened (or sweetened!) coconut delivers on enhancing flavor in my baked goods! Just a 1/4 cup will do. It'll give your muffins a tropical flavor!
- If you have a batch of zucchini on hand and not as many carrots, the zucchini would take the carrots place perfectly!
- Remember not to crowd your batter. Try and substitute the same amounts of items into the original recipe. If you add more to it, do so sparingly. Do not add more than 1/4 cup of extra ingredients.
- These awesome hand-held snacks will stay moist for up to 5 days when store in an air-tight container!
Calories: 205.81kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.63g | Protein: 3.26g | Fat: 7.55g | Saturated Fat: 4.43g | Cholesterol: 48.49mg | Sodium: 332.21mg | Fiber: 0.89g | Sugar: 17.27g
If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!