- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 apples peeled and shredded (use medium-sized apples)
- 11 oz caramel bits
- 1 tbsp milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Gradually add to flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the shredded apples.
Spoon the batter into baking liners until three-quarters full. Bake in the preheated oven for 23-28 min, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers come out clean. Let cool completely.
In a small microwavable bowl, combine caramels and milk. Microwave for one minute. Stir and repeat in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth. Drizzle caramel topping over the cooled cupcakes.
- Replace the caramel with Salted Caramel Sauce for extra salty flavor!
- Be sure to pat the shredded apples dry before adding them to the batter in order to avoid cupcakes that are too moist.
- Replace half of the vegetable oil with an equal amount of butter, if desired.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 353mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 67IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 1mg